Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

PCOS

(5 Posts)
Belle89 Mon 30-Nov-15 15:55:16

What caused your diagnosis? Have couple that were detected on a scan to detect coil. Now getting pains, do I go back to the doctor? Or will I be wasting their time

Belle89 Mon 30-Nov-15 17:32:54

Belle89 Mon 30-Nov-15 18:39:20

What caused your diagnosis? Have a couple of cysts that were detected on a scan to detect coil. Now getting pains, do I go back to the doctor? Or will I be wasting their time

AhhhhABaby Mon 30-Nov-15 22:05:20

I currently have a 5cm cyst and to go back in 3 weeks (2 weeks on Friday) for another scan. Always worth getting pain checked as you may have a large cyst.

My gynaecologist told me 5cm or more if it's causing pain first of all they leave it for 4 weeks (which is what they are going now) and if it's stayed the same or got bigger they will remove the cyst. If it's got smaller they continue to watch to make sure it goes on its own.

Scary reading my post and hearing people have 11cm cyst and not in any pain what so ever and I'm in agony with a 5cm one!!!

Best of luck flowers

AhhhhABaby Mon 30-Nov-15 22:08:46

Oops about diagnosis, I got scanned 3 years ago and got told I had enlarged ovaries but otherwise everything was okay so they originally didn't think I had pcos but said there is a possibility (no cyst shown on ovary at the time) just under two weeks ago I attended A&E after being crippled with pain and they discovered the cyst and said I infact do have pcos. Been in pain for several weeks now as at first though I had just strained a muscle!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now