Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

does this sound like a first migraine? flickering peripheral vision, sick and headache.

(7 Posts)
megletthesecond Sun 29-Nov-15 14:02:28

Both eyes started getting a weird ripply peripheral vision a couple of hours ago. A brief Google swayed me away from detached retina or stroke and hey presto a nasty headache has started. I'm feeling fragile and sick too.

It's a bloody migraine isn't it?

Luckily we were having a pj day anyway and the dc's have got the message that mummy isn't feeling great so they've stopped fighting.

Yes, unfortunately it does sound a lot like a migraine.. Is there anyone who can watch your DC if you start feeling really bad?

Take care of yourself and be prepared in case you get a migraine "hangover" tomorrow flowers

FormerlyKnownasFK Sun 29-Nov-15 14:05:28

Yes it sounds just like one.

Have you taken anything for it?

megletthesecond Sun 29-Nov-15 14:15:08

curiouser no, I'm a LP. The dc's are 9 & 7 so old enough to play safely with suggestions from me. House is small so I know what they're up to.

formerly I took some asprin when my vision when funny and I thought it was a stroke blush.

Currently sitting on my bed half watching the tennis.

Hope you're feeling better OP!

megletthesecond Sun 29-Nov-15 19:16:43

I am on the mend now thanks curiouser smile. My head is still tender but my vision is fine now, that was weird. I've made a gp apt next week just to double check I'm right and make sure I haven't missed anything sinister.

Sounds like a sensible idea, hopefully they will be able to reassure you that everything is fine. Glad you are on the mend!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now