Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

is there an alternative to prednisone

(1 Post)
trickydickie Sun 29-Nov-15 00:39:54

I have mild asthma. Had the cold which in turn made my asthma flare up. By last Monday I wasn't sleeping for the cough and wheezing and breathing not great. Saw the asthma nurse who gave me a 5 day course of 5mg 6 tabs a day. After day 3 of taking them a terrible black cloud came down on me. Mentally I had been feeling fine until then. I wasn't sleeping great anyhow due to the cough and then after the tablets started and the cough got better my sleep still didn't improve.

I stopped taking them 2 days ago and feel like my old self. Normal and life seems normal and even and happy again.

Obviously if there is no alternative to prednisone then I will put up with a week of depression, insomnia and snapping at my family. As still better than the terrible asthma coughing fits and wheezing.

I am seeing my asthma nurse again next Friday and want it noted on my notes that prednisone really doesn't agree with me. When my asthma is really bad I will agree/take anything to make me better. I just want it noted that if there is an alternative that works just as well could I please get it.

Has anyone any alternatives that have worked to improve any asthma flare up's/ asthma attacks?? Thanks very much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now