Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Finding a breast lump on a Friday night - fabulous.

(14 Posts)
PontyGirl Sat 28-Nov-15 09:44:50

Last night I found a lump in my breast - definitely there, feels like a grain of rice. Needless to say, it's just my luck I've found it on a bloody weekend and now I am petrified. DH says it's movable, I'm not so sure, I really can't tell as stupid as that sounds.

Straight to the GP on Monday if I can get in.
It really doesn't feel like a cyst - it literally feels like a grain of uncooked rice. That's not good is it? I'm mid-twenties. Christ.

3sugarsplease Sat 28-Nov-15 09:52:14

thanksthanks

Stay strong. Sending you positive thoughts.

Is it painful?

PontyGirl Sat 28-Nov-15 09:54:43

Thanks 3sugars. No, it's not painful sad which I know isn't a good thing. I am feeling very sick and stressed out ugh

Titsywoo Sat 28-Nov-15 09:57:09

I get those quite a lot and they have never amounted to anything. Get checked but try not to worry these things are mostly nothing.

PontyGirl Sat 28-Nov-15 10:00:48

titsy thank you - that is comforting. Google is bloody evil at times like this!

Marshy Sat 28-Nov-15 10:11:32

Stop googling! Highly likely it's nothing serious but sensible to get it checked out by gp on Monday.

Wolfiefan Sat 28-Nov-15 10:13:29

I found a much bigger lump. Terrified me. Definitely didn't feel like a cyst. Or move.
It was fine. Turns out my boobs are just lumpy!
I think half way through your cycle (can't remember) you can find hormone related lumps.
By FAR the majority of lumps are nothing serious.

Titsywoo Sat 28-Nov-15 10:14:49

Yes never Google. That way lies madness!

Wolfiefan Sat 28-Nov-15 10:17:20

Find lovely things to distract you until Monday. See GP then. Hopefully your mind will soon be at rest. X

PontyGirl Sat 28-Nov-15 10:26:35

Thank you all. I have a lot of lovely things planned this weekend so feel quite annoyed that this is going to be at the back of my mind. I bloody love Mumsnet - thank you again flowers

Dina123 Mon 07-Mar-16 14:34:53

Hi PontyGirl, I hope you don't mind me commenting on your thread after quite a few months, but I was just wondering hiw your appointment went?
I found a tiny lump same shape as an uncooked grain of rice but smaller, went to see the gp first thing this morning with a referral to have and ultrasound and possible biopsy. Now feeling absolutely terrified and can't even function properly. Googling has not been kind and I know I shouldn't have done it....but I did😁 X

mrsrhodgilbert Mon 07-Mar-16 15:27:03

Hi dina, sorry to hear you are going through the anxiety. There is a thread on here called tamoxigang. It's for anyone who is just at the testing stage like you, and most people disappear happily, through to those much further down the line. We're a very friendly bunch and will offer an ear while you wait.

If you want to ask questions fire away, none to small or silly. Google is generally very out of date. If you must look stick to the proper cancer charity websites. Breast cancer care is particularly good and they also have lovely nurses taking phone calls if you'd like to talk to someone before your appt. but don't run away with yourself, 9 out of 10 women have something absolutely harmless.

Dina123 Mon 07-Mar-16 17:16:01

Thank you for your reply @mrsrhodgilbert
I'm feeling very frightened and I think maybe the Tamoxigang as lovely as it sounds may be to much for me right now😢
My mum had breast cancer a year ago - she had a lumpectomy and radiotherapy and is now fine. I'm frightend that my lump which is like a grain of rice in the way it feels and I guess looks is obviously not a cyst so what else could it be apart from the worst.....that's why I was happy to have found PontyGirl that described hers the same. My gp said that it's hard I think smooth and movable.....is this good? Has anyone else had a lump feel like a grain of rice?
Sorry so much babbling🤐

mrsrhodgilbert Mon 07-Mar-16 18:17:45

That's fine dina, it's very daunting and I remember feeling very frightened like you do now. It sounds like I had something very similar to your mum, same treatment. The thing is, it's not possible to tell you whether your lump sounds like a bad one or not, they're all different. In fact mine couldn't be felt at all. From what I know I think moveable is good though, have you heard of a breast mouse?

In the very unlucky event of you needing further advice you know where we are, good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now