Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Extreme fatigue

(7 Posts)
alltheworld Fri 27-Nov-15 22:13:44

Have had this a long time...went from dc2 straight into early menopause. Hrt is helping a bit but not much. Blood tests show nothing. Lots of work stress and traumatic bereavement in past six months. Feeling a bit stronger emotionally but am still wiped out at six every evening and tired throughout day.
Am under pressure from work to perform better.
I think a supplement might help...any recommendations?

Chchchchangeabout Fri 27-Nov-15 22:16:52

Have you had your vit d levels tested as part of blood tests? I had extreme tiredness and gps tested iron etc but not vit d. Went private and discovered dangerously low levels so supplemented. I wouldn't take supplements without testing though just in case.

Are your blood sugars ok?

alltheworld Fri 27-Nov-15 22:22:36

Yes had low vit d last year and v v v low so went on loading dose and level recovered. Have had blood sugar done and all fine.

Clarella Sun 29-Nov-15 21:39:30

Have you had thyroid tested?

LikeASoulWithoutAMind Sun 29-Nov-15 21:59:16

Have you been taking a maintenance dose of vit D since your loading dose OP?

alltheworld Sun 29-Nov-15 23:12:05

Thyroid fine but have not been taking vit d so think I shd get some kind of multivitamin

LikeASoulWithoutAMind Mon 30-Nov-15 07:55:38

I had v low vit D and after the initial intensive course of supplements, I've been told to take 800iu a day as a maintenance dose.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now