Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Phyllodes breast tumour

(1 Post)
sandy30 Thu 26-Nov-15 00:04:12

(Posting here instead children's health for traffic.)

A teenage female relative of mine has recently been diagnosed with a probably-benign Phyllodes breast tumour (the needle biopsy was inconclusive, so we're waiting until surgery for the status to be confirmed). I'm trying to get information so I can support her better.

My understanding is that this type of tumour is (i) very rare and (ii) usually seen in middle-aged women. Does anyone know of any other younger women who have had this diagnosis and who might be willing to share their experiences privately?

I'd also be interested in hearing the experiences of women of any age who've had this type of tumour: whether you had related problems in the future, and whether you had any risk factors for it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: