Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

I'm continually knackered- how can I get more energy?

(8 Posts)
PinkSquash Tue 24-Nov-15 20:19:42

I am continually lethargic and tired, I'm days away from being 30 and my body feels so old and tired. I have very little energy so I would love to make some changes to my lifestyle to try and boost myself.

I am always on the edge of anaemia but I do take an iron suppliment to combat it and I had a full bloods check done in the summer to rule things out and I came back normal.

So I know there's nothing actual wrong but I'm stuck as to where to go from here.

Huge thanks in advance. smile

NewBallsPlease00 Tue 24-Nov-15 20:22:02

Back to basics
Sleep
Diet
Exercise

Get 8 hours assuming you have no kids
Drink loads of water, cut out caffeine and alcohol
Eat well- veg, fruit and minimal refined carbs which make many people sluggish
Gentle exercise to boost endorphins

EssentialHummus Tue 24-Nov-15 20:26:42

Try to limit exposure to MN screen-time late at night - the light from phones etc can keep you awake. Rather climb into bed with a book if you can.

BIWI Tue 24-Nov-15 20:28:55

What is your diet like? Do you eat lots of carbs? Do you drink enough water?

And do you do any exercise?

Looseleaf Tue 24-Nov-15 20:33:08

Also have you checked your vitamin D levels? Lots of us have a deficiency and can make you very tired so worth getting a vitamin D3 supplement

BrandNewAndImproved Tue 24-Nov-15 20:37:07

I really suffer with this!

I eat and sleep good already and I still collapse once I get home. I'm fine in the AM and work.

MigGril Tue 24-Nov-15 20:50:27

You say your bloods came back normal but how normal. They have ranges which can be quite large. I'd ask to have a copy of the results which you are entitled to and have a look. You could be low in vitamin D for example but not classed as deficient. So still need a boost, whichyoucan take yourself. But as you've had the Bloodwork done mite be good to have a look and see what it mite be.

Tarrarra Tue 24-Nov-15 22:42:25

I have been feeling low in energy for years so have started trying to get more sleep, regular exercise and am taking a supplement called Supergreens from Holland and Barrett. So far so good. If your bloods are ok then look at lifestyle. Hope you find a solutionsmile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: