Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Private health checks - any good?

(2 Posts)
RainDancer Tue 24-Nov-15 08:12:11

im considering booking a private health check for me and my DH. I've got a dodgy thyroid which is under control but I still feel tired all the time and just pretty crappy.,but don't feel it's enough to trouble my GP with. I would like to be tested for vitamin levels and the like to see if there is anything else causing it. DH does not have a oarticularly healthy lifestyle and frankly I think he needs a bit of a kick up the arse to show him that he needs to take better care of himself. Are these private health MOTs you can book any good? Does anyone have a recommendation for the best ones?

PollyPerky Tue 24-Nov-15 22:32:12

TBh I think you'd waste your cash.

The tests they do will be a blood count, blood pressure, weight, peak flow (perhaps) and for you a smear and mammogram if needed.
You can get all of this- or most- from your GP .

Not sure if they test vitamin levels- Vit D is the only worthwhile one and you may as well spend a fiver on a tub of supplements.

Considering you would pay around £250 for a health check, you could spend that money on gym membership, healthy food and a whole lot more.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: