Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

what is this in my mouth?

(8 Posts)
GlitteryFluff Mon 23-Nov-15 18:24:44

I get ulcers from time to time but they are always nearer my gums/teeth area but this is more on the inside of my cheek.
It's looks/feels like a lump with a blistery head on it but the head isn't centred, it's off to one side. Almost like I had bitten the inside of my cheek then an ulcer has appeared on the lump. It started hurting Saturday, and that's when I noticed it but don't know if I had a lump there before the pain started.
Also I don't know if you can tell but all the skin around that area is angry - veiny/red - the rest of my mouth isn't.
Any ideas?
I think it might just be an ulcer in a place I'm not used to?

3littlefrogs Mon 23-Nov-15 18:29:40

It looks like an infected, blocked saliva duct. Does the pain increase when you eat? Seeing a dentist might be your best bet.

GlitteryFluff Mon 23-Nov-15 18:38:42

Thanks for replying 3littlefrogs.
It hurts when I touch it with my tongue/or anything else touches it ie food. But doesn't hurt if I'm not bothering it, if that makes sense?
I hate going to the dentist.

3littlefrogs Mon 23-Nov-15 18:40:33

Any tenderness in your face/cheek?

Would you feel better seeing your GP?

NoArmaniNoPunani Mon 23-Nov-15 18:43:45

I'm a dentist. You really need to get it looked at by a dentist, GPS aren't great with mouths.

GlitteryFluff Mon 23-Nov-15 19:00:00

3littlefrogs yes gp would be better! No tenderness elsewhere.

Noarmani thanks for replying. what do you think it is?

3littlefrogs Mon 23-Nov-15 19:20:20

I agree that dentists are better with mouths TBH.

NoArmaniNoPunani Mon 23-Nov-15 19:58:40

It's impossible to diagnose over the internet, you need to see a dentist in person.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now