Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Ear infection?

(3 Posts)
Boozena Mon 23-Nov-15 16:27:10

Posting here for any experiences and basically as I'm wondering if it needs attention.
I am prone to ear infections in my right ear. Normally it's the usual awful stabbing pain, sometimes glands join in and usually accompanied by a cold.
I've got some intermittent stabbing pain in the ear but it's mostly an ache and stiffness in my jaw. I can't open it fully, sometimes only enough to fit food in. It feels like my jaw joint needs wd 40.
Last time I went to docs with an agonising ear infection she wasn't very sympathetic (I had an emergency app as I went deaf in the ear and was worried). She also said I could have antibiotics but they probably wouldn't work (don't a third of the time?) and if they did it would only take it away around 48hrs quicker than if I didn't take them.
So my question is does it sound like an ear infection or something else because of the jaw?

OliviaBenson Mon 23-Nov-15 16:28:33

Could it be a tooth infection? That makes my jaw and ears ache. Maybe a dentist can advise?

Boozena Mon 23-Nov-15 16:48:10

I wondered if it could be something like that (don't think I have wisdom teeth?) but it feels further back- where the jaw bone meets the bottom of my ear?
I've also had no toothache but suppose if it was far down perhaps it could be?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now