Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Lump in tummy feeling worried

(3 Posts)
Notthinkingclearly Mon 23-Nov-15 10:46:44

Been have digestion problems, back pain and fatigue. Dr examined my stomach and has suggested blood tests for anemia and celiac. I have very badly seperated stomach muscles and small hernia near tummy button all seen on scan of abdominal wall scan this year. Felt stomach last night standing and I can feel a small pea sized lump near left hip. It's squishy and moves. When I lie down I can't feel it. What the hell is it? I am very skinny ( 6 stone 9) so my mum just thinks its because if that I can feel everything. Could it be just muscle?

rogueantimatter Tue 24-Nov-15 10:04:55

Poor you.

Your mum is probably right. Skinny people can feel more of their insides than people with more padding. If it moves it's probably nothing to worry about.

Did you get the blood tests?

kronenborg Tue 24-Nov-15 10:23:53

obviously very difficult to be sure based on the information you provide, but often people have small, relatively mobile lymph nodes in their groin (i.e. near the hip) of the nature you describe.

depending on the depth of the lump, it could also be something in the more superficial layers (e.g. a fatty lump or lipoma), or, if deeper, could be something like a small inguinal hernia.

the only way to be sure is by getting to a doctor - but it doesnt sound like something to be overly concerned about.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now