Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Any GPs around please? What do they test for in the mid life NHS health check?

(5 Posts)
cathyandclaire Fri 20-Nov-15 17:21:23

I had a surprise one of these when I went for a smear. All was OK, v low risk, I was just waiting for a blood test result for Cholesterol/Lipids. Anyway I've just missed a few calls from the GP and the receptionist won't give me the results on the phone so I'm just wondering if they test for anything else on the blood tests?
Just returned from a rather indulgent holiday in the states with waaaaaaay too much booze and food so guessing that didn't help!

Chocqueen99 Wed 02-Dec-15 23:57:00

Did you find out what it all was ?

didyouwritethe Thu 03-Dec-15 00:13:36

I haven't had one of those! How do you get one? Apart from growing older...

gamerchick Thu 03-Dec-15 00:17:43

I got one at 40. It was just a general health check with a machine on site.

Maybe your cholesterol is high?

cathyandclaire Mon 21-Dec-15 22:52:56

Just seen that I had a replies on this, apparently they were meant to be phoning a different patient with the same surname! My bloods were normal. I think it was just lipids and cholesterol, I low carb so was worried that may have affected my levels -- and maybe a liiiiiitle bit paranoid that I'd overdone the cocktails on holiday too! Any way all good. They say that everyone will get an invitation around 50.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now