Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Bloody health anxiety.. neck pain this time

(4 Posts)
Number666livesaMrMIller Fri 20-Nov-15 17:15:02

Firstly I suffer with what I believe is health anxiety. It rears its ugly head when other areas of my life are going well. Usually at least once a month.
I've never been officially diagnosed ( ironically I'm too scared to go to the Dr about it!)
I google for hours with every symptom that presents. I always imagine the worse case scenario.
So..
I've been having lots of neck pain recently ( though I've suffered in the past with the same thing, eventually resolved).
The pain is at the left side of my neck and extends onto the back of my neck. It is at times numb on the back of my neck.
My neck isn't stiff, just quite sore.
Obviously I've self diagnosed as a tumour pressing on my spinal cord. I cannot help myself. I'm so annoyed every time I google but it's just obsessive for me.
Rationally I know I need to visit the doctor and the chances are it's a trapped nerve or something.
I cannot visit the doctor. If it is something awful, I don't think I want to know.
I've also had random aching in the same side of my breast. Again, in my head, it's cancer.
I know it's so silly and I know people truly think I'm crazy but I feel as if I'm going mad.
I cannot enjoy anything as this is always hear at the back of my mind.
Please someone reassure me? I know it's the anxiety making it so much worse but the pain in my neck is definitely real.
Thank you

itsmine Fri 20-Nov-15 18:20:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Tanfastic Sat 21-Nov-15 09:30:57

Hi op I suffer with health anxiety too, could have written your post really. I've never been to the docs about it I just tend to give myself a good talking to every now and again. Googling is a bastard, it never ends well. I once prodded my breast so much convinced I had a tumour that I bruised it blush.

I'm sure your symptoms are probably a result of your anxiety. Nothing more useful to say but I just wanted you to know you are not alone.

Number666livesaMrMiller Mon 23-Nov-15 09:25:14

Thank you for your kind replies. Anxiety really is the pits!
I think I'm going to be brave and book at Dr appointment.
Best wishes to you both. Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now