Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Foggy

(6 Posts)
islemum Fri 20-Nov-15 13:46:06

Hi, long time lurker.

I've booked an appt at the doctors, it's not until Thursday so thought I'd ask if anyone can help in the meantime. I've been feeling really spaced out and foggy recently. I eat well (maybe too many biscuits/chocolate), don't drink very often and drink plenty water.

Pretty sure that when I go to the doctors they will just dismiss me out the door as being silly.

Does anyone have any experience of this?

thanks

AttilaTheMeerkat Fri 20-Nov-15 14:16:59

The GP may decide to do some blood tests to see what your hormone levels pertaining to your thyroid gland are like. Fogginess can be caused by the thyroid not working as well as it should be.

gandalf456 Fri 20-Nov-15 14:19:57

He will run tests on anaemia and diabetes too

EssentialHummus Fri 20-Nov-15 14:24:58

Another vote for hypothyroidism/underactive thyroid (though I realise that it's a bit of a MN stereotype that any medical issue gets "CHECK YOUR THYROID" in reply).

I went from feeling OK to very, very sleepy all the time, even after a full night's sleep, and a general kind of constant grogginess. Rectified after doctor ran a full set of blood tests and spotted my underactive thyroid. Am now back to normal-ish. It's sometimes hereditary - anyone else in your family on thyroid meds?

TheoriginalLEM Fri 20-Nov-15 14:27:48

Can you make a diary of when you feel like this between now and your next appointment? so mornings? evenings? after exercise etc?

islemum Fri 20-Nov-15 15:04:04

Thanks for the replies.

None of my immediate family are on thyroid meds.

I pretty much feel foggy all day. Most nights I get a full nights sleep, I'm not overweight and normally I get plenty exercise - although not as much lately because of this spaced out feeling I've got. I've given blood recently so that rules out anaemia.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now