Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Did you know there is a public consultation about the NHS that closes on 23rd November?

(17 Posts)
MrsCrimshaw Thu 19-Nov-15 17:01:28

Kept that quiet, didn't they! The government are, as quietly as possible, seeking your opinions about the future of the NHS and its funding. It's been so quiet, in fact, that anyone would think they didn't really want to know what you thought!

www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/nov/19/nhs-mandate-england-consulation-deadline

www.gov.uk/government/consultations/setting-the-mandate-to-nhs-england-for-2016-to-2017

specialsubject Fri 20-Nov-15 11:38:44

bump - thanks for flagging that up. I have responded!

PausingFlatly Fri 20-Nov-15 11:45:46

I only heard about it yesterday... on MN.

Another thread here, with possibly useful info: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/2512051-To-ask-how-you-feel-about-the-NHS?

(But this thread is more informatively named.)

specialsubject Fri 20-Nov-15 12:06:24

unbelievable. The email bounced because the mailbox is full or the address is 'not accepting responses'.

don't waste your time.

MrsCrimshaw Fri 20-Nov-15 12:15:31

specialsubject this is how conspiracy theories start! I will have a go over the weekend.

specialsubject Fri 20-Nov-15 12:18:17

grin

PausingFlatly Fri 20-Nov-15 15:22:02

[Reposted from the other thread:]

Comment on the Guardian article:

IMPORTANT Delete the logo image from the form before sending your reply!

The logo in the header of the response form is 2mb in size which is making the file too big for their mailbox to receive. All replies are bouncing saying the mailbox is full. The mailbox is not full, this is just the standard response when an email is rejected for being too big!

It seems that, as well as not telling people about the consultation, they have made their response form bigger than the maximum accepted size for their mailbox so that none of the responses are ever received.

MrsCrimshaw Fri 20-Nov-15 16:17:13

Thanks Pausing, I will try that!

specialsubject Fri 20-Nov-15 16:55:02

genius, well done to whoever found that. The logo is in the header so that's what you have to edit to get rid of it.

I have just re-sent so hopefully it won't bounce this time.

another masterpiece of cocking up the simple admin...

PausingFlatly Sat 21-Nov-15 09:33:05

Any sign of it bouncing this time, special? Or does it seem to have gone through?

MedSchoolRat Sat 21-Nov-15 10:28:18

Just go thru the response form with your comments, I did.

I'm in awkward position because I am funded by NHS to do research, but I tried to make it clear I was replying as a private individual. Presumably that's allowed. I had a bit of a rant about the supposed aims of data sharing (they won't happen).

specialsubject Sat 21-Nov-15 12:17:22

it worked this time and I got the auto reply an hour later.

the form is total manager-babble so very hard to reply, but I told them what I thought...

PausingFlatly Sun 22-Nov-15 12:09:31

Article in yesterday's Guardian: apparently the DoH have now enlarged the mailbox and removed the problem logo.

To cope with the "hundreds" of replies they suddenly got to their "national consultation" when people actually learned about it from the Guardian on Thursday...

PausingFlatly Sun 22-Nov-15 20:03:10

Bumping this thread too, as title informative.

MedSchoolRat, an informed rant is even better!

PausingFlatly Mon 23-Nov-15 07:47:49

Morning bump.

PausingFlatly Mon 23-Nov-15 10:33:31

Still time: it doesn't close till 11:45pm tonight.

PausingFlatly Mon 23-Nov-15 20:36:01

Still time to do.

Flatmate is busy typing away at it right now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now