Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

24hr headache - what can I do?

(7 Posts)
MummySparkle Wed 18-Nov-15 18:07:27

Out of the blue got a headache last night, it came on quite suddenly. The pain is throbbing and sort of behind my left temple / eye socket but it moves a bit.

Carried on all night, but I did get some sleep. It seemed a little better during the day and I was able to get about and do stuff. Just got home and it's throbbing again. Cocodamol hasn't touched it.

What can I do?

toriap2 Wed 18-Nov-15 18:10:46

Sounds a bit like sinus maybe. When i get this a warm damp flaannel on my face, or a hot water bottle seems to help. Hope you feel better soon

Raeray Wed 18-Nov-15 18:16:30

I have sinus troubles and if I have a sinus headache I need cocodamol and ibuprofen to help shift it. Boots do a cold and flu remedy which is Ibuprofen and a high dose decongestant so I try and take this if I have some if not I go for ibuprofen on its own.
A hot steamy shower/bath, olbas oil sniffy sticks and tiger balm/forehead plus a wheat bag on my sinus alternating with back of neck seems to shift it.
I know yours isn't def a sinus headache but Incase it is I thought I'd share my little routine to treat it!

Hope you feel better soon.

MummySparkle Wed 18-Nov-15 18:37:53

My nose feels completely clear, but I have had a bit of a cold over the last couple of weeks. I've felt fine, but been blowing out / coughing up green & brown gunk (gross) that ass seems to have stopped now though.

I will try a flannel. Bath is out of the option as we've run out of oil for our boiler today typical and can't get more until Friday. The immersion will be enough for a quick shower but not for a bath. I might put some boiling water in a bowl and stick my head over it.

Not sure we have any olbas oil. I know there's snuffle babe in the house somewhere. I'll have to take an ibuprofen in a bit I think - not fun

MummySparkle Wed 18-Nov-15 18:38:38

That ALL seems to have stopped. Not ass... That would be an entirely different health thread blush

MummySparkle Wed 18-Nov-15 20:39:56

Hot flannel worked wonders grin

I lay in bed with it on my forehead and face for 20mins. I could feel stuff draining down the back of throat (gross!!) but I feel so much better now. Thank you for all of your advice flowers

toriap2 Fri 20-Nov-15 19:39:39

Glad you are feeling better

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now