Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Breast Lump

(5 Posts)
Summersunandflowers Wed 18-Nov-15 16:58:46

Really worried. Found lump last week. Had mammogram, which was clear and ultrasound which showed a suspicious lump (doc's words). Had biopsy and now waiting 4 working days for results. The doctor who did the ultrasound seemed concerned and I am now so worried! Any advice on how to get through the next few days?

FantasticRik Thu 19-Nov-15 17:21:00

Hello Summer, I have no advice but wanted to reply to your post and offer you a hand to hold.

I also found a lump a few months back. I left it to see whether it would disappear by itself (and also if I'm honest because I was scared). I saw my GP last week and am due to go to breast clinic on Monday for a mammogram and ultrasound.

I can understand you being worried but please remember 9/10 lumps are benign flowers

Summersunandflowers Thu 19-Nov-15 22:58:20

Just got diagnosis. Is breast cancer. They think it's been found early.

babyboomersrock Fri 20-Nov-15 00:35:04

I haven't had breast cancer, OP, but a young family member had it fairly recently - hers wasn't caught that early but she has had treatment and is now living her life to the full, as before.

I know you'll be stunned and shocked at the moment, but that does seem to level off once you know what the treatment plan is.

I believe the thread below is a great source of support for lots of people - maybe try posting on there. They seem like a cheery bunch. Take care and accept whatever support you're offered from friends and family flowers

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/general_health/2428777--Tamoxigang-53-Roll-up-roll-up-Anyone-with-any-cancer-or-test-waiting-welcome?pg=1

FantasticRik Fri 20-Nov-15 07:40:00

I'm so sorry to hear that.

You must be feeling in complete shock right now. Take good care of yourself and perhaps post on the thread that Baby has suggested.

Sending you a huge hug this morning and flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now