Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

is it normal to be so tired?

(4 Posts)
AshleyWilkes Wed 18-Nov-15 09:13:54

I'm sure this has been asked a lot already but anyway.

Background; I'm 32, I work 30 hours a week plus do some volunteer work. My husband works long hours and early morning starts, he's often shattered too.
I suffer with depression and until recently have been taking fluoxetine, but after much thought and discussion have come off it. (I "weaned" myself off it sensibly). Not noticing a huge difference yet, i have been feeling ok, except I'm not so angry anymore which was a huge side effect. Only been off it for 3 months.

We are normally in bed by 10.30pm. Sometimes 11. Up at 6.30am.

I constantly feel exhausted, right from getting up to going back to sleep at night. I feel so tired in the afternoon, around 2pm-4pm, sometimes at work I literally have to shake myself to stay awake and not close my eyes.
In the evenings I have to force myself to start dinner for DH and keep awake, when all I want to do is sleep.
By 9pm I'm a zombie who just wants her bed. DH is too, but he does 45 hours a week in a physically demanding job. Surely I shouldn't be so tired all the time?

Does everyone feel like this?

WhataRacquet Wed 18-Nov-15 09:17:06

You should get your iron levels checked. If you're low it can make you feel wrecked.

AttilaTheMeerkat Wed 18-Nov-15 09:19:02

I would have blood tests done to see what your hormone levels are like with particular attention being paid to the hormone levels from the thyroid gland.

You will need to be persistent in order to get answers.

buckingfrolicks Sat 28-Nov-15 23:39:21

bread makes me what to lie down and sleep on the floor. Definitely have more energy/fewer total wipe-outs, since cutting out wheat. (but still totally dysfunctionally knackered!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now