We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Symptoms of piles?

(3 Posts)
Shootingstar2289 Mon 16-Nov-15 17:09:57

Sorry about the TMI in advance..

I am not sure if I am suffering from piles. A few weeks ago my son caught threadworms from school - I suffer from OCD as it is so this has driven my crazy.

Anyway, we got treated and took another dose 2 weeks later. The stuff did not agree with me whatsoever. I go from one day feeling constipated then the next to have diarrhea.. So have spent a lot of time on the loo.

Due to the outbreak I have become obsessed with checking poo. I notice in some bowel movements I see tiny specks of blood in my stool.. but not everytime.. When I wiped earlier I had a small amount red mucus on the paper.. Could this be piles? Perhaps caused by my horrid toilet habits in the last few weeks? Bottom is a little sore due to the constant wiping.. but not itchy.

Any advice would be appreciated.

PurpleDaisies Mon 16-Nov-15 17:12:57

It could well be piles, it could also be an anal fissure (a little tear) but anyone with blood in their poo should have it checked at the GP. It is almost certainly nothing to worry about but this isn't the sort of thing to ignore.

Seaoftroubles Mon 16-Nov-15 23:24:06

Sounds to me as though you have made yourself sore by excessive wiping or, as Purple mentions, a little tear. If you have external piles you would know about it as you would feel them when you wipe, but you could have internal piles which are bleeding a little. I too would suggest a check up at the Doctors just to be sure, as any blood in your poo ought to be investigated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now