Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Memory loss?

(5 Posts)
Strangehappenings Mon 16-Nov-15 10:05:55

I am in my early 30s and have one young DC. I have been experiencing some weird things with my memory.

For example, I couldn't remember my FIL's first name when we were out with PILs, I left my keys in the house locking myself out (something I would never normally do), keep leaving things in cafes, at playgroups etc when we are out. The strangest things happened over the last week and made me worry a little bit; I got to the cash point and couldn't remember my pin for a card I use every day and then this morning I couldn't remember my mobile phone number?? Was really strange. Both numbers did come to me eventually (the mobile number quite quickly, but the pin had to be reset as I really couldn't remember it at all till much later). I'm hoping this is just due to having a baby, being off work etc plus moving house recently. Wonder if anyone on here can advise.

Thanks

Strangehappenings Mon 16-Nov-15 10:06:44

Just to add my DC is nearly a year old so not a newborn.

gandalf456 Mon 16-Nov-15 16:45:17

I'd see your doc. It's more of an absent mindedness, isn't it. Maybe get your thyroid and blood checked

Strangehappenings Mon 16-Nov-15 18:20:24

Thanks gandalf. Spoke with doc today who has organised blood tests.

gandalf456 Mon 16-Nov-15 20:10:51

Oh good. Hopefully, it's something easily fixed. Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now