Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Nitty Gritty - what's going wrong?

(4 Posts)
MaximumVolume Sun 15-Nov-15 20:23:48

We've been battling licence on and off for about a month & blaming re-infection from school (got clear over half-term), but now I am sure that the nitty gritty is passing over at least some (most) of the eggs in my very wriggly 3yo's hair.

He's white-blonde so they're easy to spot, we're slathering with Boots' own tea tree conditioner before combing, but the teeth literally pass over and leave the egg in place 80% of the first pass.

Tonight we resorted to pulling out the eggs with tweezers, but it's hard and poor DS's patience ran out so there's bound to be a sneaky one remaining! No crawlers found.

Thanks!

Skullyton Mon 16-Nov-15 11:20:38

do they get rid of eggs?

I know they always get the louse, even the tiny ones.. its why you really have to comb every 2-3 days if you're just using a comb, so get the babies as they hatch and prevent them maturing enough to lay more eggs.

MaximumVolume Mon 16-Nov-15 12:58:58

Well, maybe I'm wrong in thinking they do. Everyone on here seems to think they do on other threads...that's why I bought it!

Shootingstar2289 Mon 16-Nov-15 17:12:04

When my son caught lice, I combed every day for two weeks. Was a pain but did the trick.. I found the comb worked well removing the eggs too though?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now