Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Stomach pains caused by anaemia?

(3 Posts)
SapphireSeptember Fri 13-Nov-15 20:05:06

So, I've been having severe stomach pains on and off for a while now, (sometimes they are so bad I can't stand up.) Off I went to the doctors for some blood tests. The first came back and I was told my liver function was below normal, the second came back and I was told I was anaemic. (I donate blood, and they test for anaemia every time I go, which always shows I'm not.) I eat lots of meat and dark green veggies, so I'm trying to figure this out really. They also said they have a prescription for me and I really cba with paying a prescription charge for iron supplements! Should I ask for a second opinion/more tests? Or just take some iron tablets and see if my stomach pains go away?

nightsky010 Sat 14-Nov-15 23:02:41

What do you mean by liver function was 'below normal'? Specifics?

SapphireSeptember Mon 16-Nov-15 16:25:59

That was all I was told, (I had to phone the receptionist for my results.) I went on the British Liver Trust's website and it could be any of the conditions listed there (though I ruled out anything alcohol related as I don't drink.) That's why I needed the second lot of tests. Anaemia is not mentioned though. (Apart from colds and the odd ear infection I don't get ill, so I don't really know what I should be doing when it comes to doctors.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now