Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

thrush burning/soreness..

(14 Posts)
jeanswithatwist Thu 12-Nov-15 17:36:05

evening, just wondered if anyone can recommend something that will help with the above as i am in alot of discomfort. i will have to go bk to the dr as the canesten hasn't worked and the canesten cream seems to make it more sore.....(have read other women complaining about this, cream looks like it is going to be soothing but it actually burns rather than soothes or heals). thanks alot

dementedpixie Thu 12-Nov-15 19:40:00

Have you tried the pill or pessary?

MrsGinnyPotter Thu 12-Nov-15 20:22:31

I find the cream burns if you put too much on. Shower and then 'air dry', then put on a very thin layer of the cream.

Pippin8 Thu 12-Nov-15 20:36:37

Tea tree oil. Very, very diluted (few drops) in a bowl of freezing cold water, soak a flannel in & apply, gives instant relief. Also when you're not so sore a few drops on a pad every day works wonders.

buckingfrolicks Thu 12-Nov-15 22:27:07

Natural plain yogurt helps with the stinging

Or a warm salt bath

good luck - these do work!

bobs123 Thu 12-Nov-15 22:31:58

Yes natural bio yoghurt - it's supposed to "gobble up" the bad bacteria! You do have to lie down on a towel for a bit though!!!

jeanswithatwist Mon 16-Nov-15 11:57:43

thanks for your responses. went bk to dr who has given me a prescription for something else as canesten just didn't work, pessary, cream or pill sad

dementedpixie Mon 16-Nov-15 12:09:10

Maybe it isn't thrush then

jeanswithatwist Mon 16-Nov-15 18:55:27

dr did a swab test which she sent away and came back as thrush...i've read on line that canesten doesn't work for 1 in 5 women, have read a fair few things online of women moaning about it not working and having to go on something else

dementedpixie Mon 16-Nov-15 19:33:19

Fingers crossed it works this time then smile

jeanswithatwist Mon 16-Nov-15 21:08:08

thanks smile

MarkRuffaloCrumble Mon 16-Nov-15 21:20:11

Try coconut oil for soreness/burning too. I find it very soothing and helps to remoisturise if you've been over zealous with the cleaning too.

Minime85 Mon 16-Nov-15 23:06:45

Canesten doesn't work for me I have to go doctors and get gynodaktarin or something like that as a pessary. I use the tea tree oil someone has already mentioned too. Multi-gyn acti gel or something like that is good for preventing re infections too can get it from boots.

jeanswithatwist Tue 17-Nov-15 10:22:41

thanks alot minime

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now