Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Dentists please help! MTA pulp cap in London to try to avoid root canal treatment...

(2 Posts)
lucy101101 Thu 12-Nov-15 13:56:17

Hi there, if anyone could help me with this I would be incredibly grateful.

I have a pre-molar that has a very deep filling (and an onlay) and is now beginning to ache but only a little (discomfort really it isn't disturbing my sleep for instance) and sometimes I have a few weeks between it seeming to slightly flare up for a few days and then it goes down again. I have some other health issues and I was hoping to leave it and live with it but am not sure if that is actually a good idea.

One dentist (not the one who did the onlay who I have slightly lost confidence in for other reasons) is saying we are moving towards a root canal but I have just read about the MTA pulp caps and am wondering whether I should investigate this.

If anyone (wiser than me) had any thoughts on this or could point me in the direction of anyone in London or not so far away who I might see about the pulp cap I would be incredibly grateful!

lucy101101 Fri 13-Nov-15 21:05:48

Can I bump myself?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now