Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Ear Infection...

(1 Post)
OneOfTheGrundys Tue 10-Nov-15 15:40:10

I've had this since weekend before last. Off work since Friday. Tried to go in this morning and had to come home after about 30mins, I felt so ill.

Long standing problems with too much wax and it's developed into a middle ear infection. One side's totally blocked and tinitussy and I think it's ruptured now. Was in agony Sunday but not really in pain now.

I went to OOH on Saturday when clearly the antibiotic ear drops weren't working. Was prescribed Amoxycillin. As of this morning when I started running a temperature I'm on Augmentin (co amoxiclav).

Have to go back tomorrow to GP to see how they're working as they're worried about a potential bone infection.

DM's gone to collect the DCs for me.

Don't know why I'm posting. Just for ear experiences really I guess. I honestly never knew how painful and complicated an ear infection could be.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: