Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

fibromyalgia symptoms?

(13 Posts)
Clarella Sun 08-Nov-15 12:47:50

I just wondered if anyone with diagnosed fibro recognised these symptoms.

My shoulders are often extremely weak, stiff in the morning and tender at parts at times. It doesn't take much to get them like this. Ie things that I used to do easily trigger it. However I get relief from very deep pressure and stretching, warm baths and Epsom salts.

I have had awful issues with my thyroxine and an recovering from being extremely weak. I'm slowly getting stronger but a day at work triggers it off as I'm clearly not strong enough yet - though I am seeing gradual improvements.

I think pre period my muscles seem worse.

It's as if they tighten up over night.

I have a strong toddler, so they get yanked then too!

Sometimes very itchy beneath skin, but sometimes it's a bit like its when the muses are healing iykwim? So a day or 2 after extreme work (just a day at work!).

I do not want to be diagnosed but I find it unsettling and am working from the PoV knowledge is power! (To know how to deal with it!)

Clarella Sun 08-Nov-15 12:49:09

I was diagnosed with hms but I find the way my shoulder muscles behave very odd and disconcerting.

Pleasemrstweedie Sun 08-Nov-15 15:18:59

I would have thought your symptoms were more likely to be caused by less than optimal T3 levels.

Have you ever had FT3 tested?

AnchorDownDeepBreath Sun 08-Nov-15 15:21:53

I have fibro. The shoulders thing sounds more like a thyroid problem - it all does, actually.

You don't want a fibro diagnosis because it's an end of the road diagnosis, there's no cure and once you've got one, every ailment that you have will be blamed on it. If you do have fibro, it'll come out once everything else has been ruled out. Definitely get your thyroid sorted though, and then ask for a scan/blood tests for arthritis just incase.

Clarella Sun 08-Nov-15 17:59:33

Thanks, Yes I have mrs T and it was ok.

Clarella Sun 08-Nov-15 18:00:56

I think I've had blood tests for arthritis a year ago but I wonder if things have got worse. They tested something blood inflammation related

Clarella Sun 08-Nov-15 18:06:25

I possibly could ask to see if I'm on too much t4.

My stools are regular, if anything a bit too much at times so I doubt it's too little. I do get very constipated if I'm a bit under replaced. Weight is fine and ankles fine (they swell if hypo).

It could however be the long term effects of too little then too much thyroxine - ie bone density? And then weak muscles?

It just feels like many of the muscles attached around my chest, arms, back etc.

PoshPenny Sun 08-Nov-15 18:08:44

I used to have terrible pain and weakness before I started a gluten free diet. Despite a negative coeliac blood test.

mayhew Wed 11-Nov-15 13:35:23

Have you looked at the Vit D thread? A lot of peoples musculoskeletal woes have improved with supplements. Mine included.

Clarella Wed 11-Nov-15 21:08:37

Thank you - im taking the 3000 spray vit d, sometimes twice after checking upper levels and weight (I have Holick book).

Today it feels like the bones in my hips spine and back are being gnawed.

Clarella Sat 14-Nov-15 19:23:01

After symptoms faded with onset of slightly late period, I think this must be hypermobility related, scar tissue from injuries and maybe fibromyalgia - however I won't be pursuing that diagnosis. I do all I can on that score anyway, though I could ramp up my physio. Symptoms have been very linked to hormones this time.

Thank you for your thoughts.

shutupanddance Sat 14-Nov-15 19:28:23

I have very recently ben diagnosed with hms and fm. My shoulders are awful , i thought that was from hms.

shutupanddance Sat 14-Nov-15 19:31:47

Also for me, the main fm symptom is exhaustion.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now