Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Spot in private area, bit concerned (TMI, sorry)

(12 Posts)
helppleasenotsurewhatthisis Sat 07-Nov-15 10:47:26

I've namechanged as I am totally mortifed about this.

Basically I haven't had sex for roughly 4 years, have had a baby since then, and have never had an STI as far as I know though previous partners may have had, obviously.

I had some pain at my knicker line the other day and when I looked found a large spot, which popped as I looked at it - it was on the outside of the area, just at the edge of the hairy bit iykwim blush so right where your knickers go and they had been making it sore all day.

There was some pus and a fair bit of blood - just like a large spot elsewhere I suppose.

I hadn't noticed it at all prior to this. It then felt a lot less painful and over the next couple of days a tiny bit more came out but it has now healed and is still there, like a soft red bump, but has no scab. It wasn't like a blister; it was just like a normal spot or a small boil or something I suppose.

I don't normally get spots 'down there' and am freaking out that it might be herpes or something like that. According to google you can just have one spot - but I haven't felt unwell, and it didn't itch, and if it were to be a first episode I'd have expected more of a big deal. Though I realise it can take years for symptoms to appear.

Also it was during my period and I am pre-menopausal at the moment, having short cycles and more facial spots than I did for a long time, so I wondered if it might be hormonal.

So my question is this: how likely is it to be herpes, and if not, is it very usual to get 'normal' spots in this area?

I can't get to a clinic very easily and anyway it would probably have to be a blood test now as there's nothing to swab, as it were. And I'm thinking they probably won't do a blood test as it's not routine (I asked when previously tested for HIV/syphilis and so on after the relationship ended)

Thank you very much for any answers, I know you can't diagnose but am hoping to give myself some perspective and stop panicking.

Sparklingbrook Sat 07-Nov-15 10:49:00

Is it possible it's an ingrown hair?

PrincessMarcheline Sat 07-Nov-15 10:49:21

Maybe a blocked hair follicle?

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Sat 07-Nov-15 10:49:48

Very usual to get normal spots there - don't worry smile

If a bunch if anonymous randoms on the internet doesn't really reassure you get yourself checked out py a medical professional to set your mind at rest.

RatherTMI Sat 07-Nov-15 10:52:50

I had something very similar. Because both DH and I get coldsores I assumed it was carelessly transmitted herpes and was bricking it, but the GUM clinic said it was just a cyst or infected in-growing hair and gave me antibios.

LuluJakey1 Sat 07-Nov-15 10:56:40

It is just a spot/blocked hair follicle irritated by underwear.Absolutely nothing to worry about. I would bet a month's salary. It might fill up gain or just sort itself out now it has burst. Hormones will have played a part. Don't worry. Hot baths and magnesium sulphate past at night will sort it out.

helppleasenotsurewhatthisis Sat 07-Nov-15 11:17:18

Oh God thank you so very very much for your replies. I had got myself into such a state.

I will probably get the GP to look at it as I have to go in for the period-related issues at some point anyway, but I am very reassured by your posts.

I am hoping it is unusual to have symptoms so long after a relationship, iyswim, though I know it's possible, but if this is something other people get and it's not STI related then I feel much better just knowing that.

Thank you flowers

TyrionLannistersShadow Sat 07-Nov-15 11:21:18

I get them all the time. Totally normal and just annoying. They often have a tendency to fill up and burst a couple of times before they go.

MushroomMama Sat 07-Nov-15 11:27:39

I get them! It's totally normal ingrown hairs and Lacey pants do not mix I've found!

Herpes aren't pussy as far as I'm aware

BoreOfWhabylon Sat 07-Nov-15 11:29:21

I started getting these every month during the perimenopause. They eventually stopped.

flanjabelle Sat 07-Nov-15 11:36:27

Herpes blisters do not have pus, they have clear fluid inside and are a definite blister rather than a spot. What you have sounds like a completely normal blocked follicle or ingrown hair. Please try not to worry. I had the same panic a couple of years ago, turned out it was just a spot/boil.

GnocchiGnocchiWhosThere Sat 07-Nov-15 11:42:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now