Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Blood in urine?

(7 Posts)
hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Fri 06-Nov-15 18:15:40

And pain on urination, how quickly do I need to see a GP? I am over 50 and never had this before. I am on a night shift tonight and tomorrow and don't feel unwell it just hurts to wee.

nmg85 Fri 06-Nov-15 19:01:30

Probably an infection, go to GP when you can and get antibiotics.

Yseulte Fri 06-Nov-15 19:02:26

Sounds like a urine infection, you actually need to get tested asap as it can spread to your kidneys if not treated. Once you start antibiotics it goes very quickly.

Yseulte Fri 06-Nov-15 19:04:08

The first thing to do is get some Cymalon at a chemist, they will neutralise the urine, make it less painful.

Personally I knock back lactobacillus and live yoghurt. Avoid all acidic food and sugar as that can make it worse.

Hoolit Fri 06-Nov-15 19:14:15

You do need to see a doctor and I'd say sooner rather than later.

Ridingthegravytrain Fri 06-Nov-15 19:31:48

ASAP. It can go from your symptoms to horrible pretty quickly. And then anti bs take a while to kick in if you need them
Take a sample with you

MildVirago Fri 06-Nov-15 19:33:38

Definitely see a doctor asap. The only time I had blood in my urine it was the first sign of a kidney stone, and pain that made labour seem like a bout of light tickling.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now