Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

SLS-free toothpaste for kids, with fluoride

(5 Posts)
beckym8678 Fri 06-Nov-15 14:05:44

I switched to SLS-free toothpaste years ago, after a dental hygenist (correctly) suggested this might help with my chronic mouth ulcers. I now have 3 young DSs have had the occasional ulcer, and I'd prefer them to avoid the stuff too. The problem is that I do think some fluoride is a good idea.

Toothpaste manufacturers, however, seem to disagree, and assume that no SLS should also mean no fluoride. This is bloody annoying. My boys aren't keen on strong, minty flavours, so adult toothpastes have proved to be a no-go. The only toothpaste I've ever found that they liked was that Tom's of Maine strawberry one, but despite its natural-and-healthy image, that too has SLSs. Has anyone found a product that fits this description? Seems odd that with the dozens/hundreds of sodding products clogging the shelves, that not one fits this fairly basic model...

MillyMollyMardy Sat 07-Nov-15 17:53:50

becky, Oranurse is unflavoured and SLS free but contains fluoride at 1450ppm so suitable from age 4.
Alternatively if your boys are OK with mild mint Sensodyne Proenamel for kids may suit.

Chrisinthemorning Sat 07-Nov-15 17:58:09

Oranurse definitely- everyone 3 or over should be on 1450ppm fluoride anyway. How old are your DC?

Onsera3 Sat 07-Nov-15 18:01:55

Brush baby toothpaste. Low fluoride though so not sure if it's the right level for your age range.

I love Spry cinnamon flavour which comes with or without fluoride. I used to get from The Vit Shop online. It's for adults.

MillyMollyMardy Sat 07-Nov-15 18:18:25

Apologies what Chris said over 3s should use 1450ppm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now