Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is it worth pushing for an ADHD diagnosis as an adult?

(3 Posts)
Bombaypotatoes Thu 05-Nov-15 20:25:52

Just that really! I have many if the syptoms and have done since i was a child but i have no formal diagnosis. i've suffered from mild depression and anxiety in the past which i've read can be linked to ADHD and my GP seems to think it may be worth pushing for a diagnosis and is prepared to send me for an assessment.

However is it really worth it? It doesnt really affect me to much now, although it did when i was in my teens. i feel like it's not going to change anything and there's not much anyone can do so is a waste of time.

donajimena Thu 05-Nov-15 20:31:47

Yes it is. In my opinion. I'll post again tomorrow but in case I forget (ringing any bells? ) please pm me. I'd answer more fully tonight if I wasn't using my phone wink

donajimena Thu 05-Nov-15 20:33:29

But if we don't 'speak' again my advice is to grab the assessment with all limbs. Not every health authority offers it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now