Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anxiety diarrhoea

(5 Posts)
Notthinkingclearly Wed 04-Nov-15 18:15:48

Dm has been experiencing terrible tummy problems since the weekend ever since my dad has been diagnosed with cancer. She needs to go to appointments at hospital this week and very upset as she has been having explosive diarrhoea. Has tried the odd Imodium but is terrified of being away for the loo. Any tips on how to deal with this please.

Vix270781 Thu 05-Nov-15 15:07:30

Hi, just to say I could have written this! My DM is exactly the same and in the same circumstances too, so I am watching this with interest. Please tell your mum she is not alone.

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Thu 05-Nov-15 15:14:07

tell your mum it's perfectly safe to take more than the 6 immodium a day it states so just take as many as she needs.

Taking it the night before is also good,then get up and take more at least 2 hrs before leaving will usually be sufficient to stop diarrhea all day.

I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad flowers

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Thu 05-Nov-15 15:15:02

My gastroenterologist let's me take 12+ a day and I've never had any I'll effects in over 10 years

OhSoggyBiscuit Fri 06-Nov-15 01:40:29

You can take more then 6 Immodium a day????

You have saved my life.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now