Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Partial denture- anyone got experience/advice to share?

(3 Posts)
Danglyweed Wed 04-Nov-15 14:19:38

In a few weeks Im getting a partial denture to replace two back and one front tooth. Im obviously fairly nervous about this, but also happy about having this (hopefully) amazing change to my life.

Just wanting to see what other peoples experiences were having this done and if they have any advice

MatildaTheCat Wed 04-Nov-15 18:55:17

Bit different but I had a little denture for just one tooth this year whilst waiting for an implant. It was fine. First off it was too tight and I panicked thinking I'd never be able to wear it but the dentist loosened it a bit too much and then it was fine.

After I was used to it I didn't notice it at all and it was completely undetectable. It did slip a bit when I ate but because it was temporary I didn't go back.

The only bit that bothered me was taking it out to soak at night like a proper old person grin < I'm not that old!>

Danglyweed Fri 06-Nov-15 09:22:13

Matilda, thanks for your reply! So glad to hear you had a overall good experience.
Oh god I hadnt even thought about taking it out... argh. Bit worried about the slipping due to it being my back teeth, how am I gonna eat!?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now