Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

My 'current conditions' on the GP's computer

(11 Posts)
iamaboveandBeyond Wed 04-Nov-15 13:58:22

Anyone know why it would have 'female chlamydial pelvic inflammatory disease' as a CURRENT condition? From about 10 years ago? <ahh to be young and stupid>

I could understand it pre-children in case it caused any long term gynae problems, but i have had two DC since and am 100% not having any more. If it did cause any long term problems, no one has told me about it!!

Am i missing something? Is there a reason why it would be relevant?

Thanks smile

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Wed 04-Nov-15 14:01:19

What else have you been in for?

Perhaps "current" just means "most recent condition treatment required for" ?

iamaboveandBeyond Wed 04-Nov-15 14:08:33

Cant be that, i've been rather ill over the last few years - basically falling apart!!

Bakeoffcake Wed 04-Nov-15 14:18:25

I had this too, not the same condition but something from seven years ago, that was on the bloody front page every time I went in there. I think the Dr must have clocked my hmm face when I saw it and it wants't there the next time I went in.

Maybe ask them when you next go? Or pull a "what the fuck" face

iamaboveandBeyond Wed 04-Nov-15 14:24:38

It could well have been there ages <mortified>
My gp usually has my 'previous visits/prescriptions etc' pge up, it was only cause i saw the nurse that i saw it!! <aaaaargh!!>

Bakeoffcake Wed 04-Nov-15 14:48:34

Please don't be mortified!

They deal with this kind of thing every single day, they don't think you might be annoyed by it, because to them it's just normal stuff.

If it is there next time, just tell them you'd rather not be reminded of it every single time you come in.

iamaboveandBeyond Wed 04-Nov-15 14:59:42

Ah i'll live. Had to be the bloody sti though that doesnt get deleted, not something like a throat infection grin

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Wed 04-Nov-15 15:00:36

Maybe it's a customer service thing? Maybe it pops up a random condition every time you go in..

Hello Bakeoffcake, how is your [chlamydia] this fine morning...

[Replace] cold/ arthritis/ cardiac condition..

tribpot Wed 04-Nov-15 15:07:09

I would just ask - it sounds like someone's forgotten to end date it so it's still showing up in the list of current problems.

Sidge Wed 04-Nov-15 15:17:43

It's how it's coded and stored - the nurse/GP has to physically click and move it from current to past health problems.

It's probably been overlooked as consultations are tight enough for time, and often it's all I can do to do the clinical consult, type it up and save it correctly without "housekeeping" old problems! I often see ones that say "currently pregnant" when the baby is months old grin

I'm sure if you mention it they will change it.

mayhew Wed 04-Nov-15 15:21:29

Mine used to say " habitual aborter"! Thanks for that, makes my recurrent miscarriages sound deliberate. Felt like I'd been punched the first time I saw it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: