Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I bit the inside of my cheek last week and now I think something might be infected...

(7 Posts)
CheradenineZakalwe Tue 03-Nov-15 07:31:04

Was one of those bites where you nip a layer of skin and feel your teeth go through envy

It didn't hurt too badly, but then I got what looked like an ulcer at the site, which hurt like hell. Then it seemed to spread further back, like I had more ulcers, and now there's a lump in there that's nowhere near where I bit myself. It's at the back near where my wisdom teeth would be if I had any left. Can't see any ulcers but the area feels and tastes strange when I run my tongue over it. I've been swishing with salt water and using Anbesol liquid for temporary relief, but last night I couldn't sleep on that side for the pain sad

Anyone any ideas? Can you get cheek infections?! And do I need to see anyone? It's been 5 days...

ConfusedInBath Tue 03-Nov-15 11:50:59

Sounds sore. Maybe ask ask pharmacist to take a look?

ConfusedInBath Tue 03-Nov-15 12:18:25

' if you think I'm getting up and bringing you breakfast in bed you've got another think coming '

How could thing work in that sentence?

It couldn't.

ConfusedInBath Tue 03-Nov-15 12:19:28

Oop sorry wrong thread!

Arkkorox Tue 03-Nov-15 12:19:41

Confused in bath is now confused on mumsnet grin

Iwantakitchen Tue 03-Nov-15 12:20:40

You could rinse your mouth with cool boiled water and a teaspoon of salt to help clear the infection. Or more salt if you can cope with the taste.

Iwantakitchen Tue 03-Nov-15 12:21:21

Sorry you are already doing that

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now