Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

There's no point seeing a GP about a bad back is there?

(7 Posts)
ICanTuckMyBoobsInMyPockets Mon 02-Nov-15 20:50:05

For the past fortnight I've had terrible backache.

Is starts about an inch above my bra strap, between my shoulder blades. It's real throbbing ache, sometimes worse than others, but generally constant.

Occasionally if I move suddenly I'll get a sharp twinge that takes my breath away, but it goes back to 'normal' straight after.

I don't think I've pulled anything. It's not getting any better, worse actually if anything.

Is it my age? (34) My boobs? (34GG, but always been this big )

A GP can't do anything can they?

Please tell me it'll go away soon.

maitaimojito Mon 02-Nov-15 20:51:13

If it seems to be muscular I'd recommend a physio. My back has been loads better after a couple of sessions.

honeysucklejasmine Mon 02-Nov-15 20:51:24

I'd book an appointment with an osteopath if I were you. I saw one as a teenager, was very helpful.

VimFuego101 Mon 02-Nov-15 20:51:57

To be honest I found GPs worse than useless with regards to back pain. You might get lucky though and at least convince them to prescribe you some anti-spasm tablets or pain killers. Are you putting heat packs/ice packs on it?

OohMrDarcy Mon 02-Nov-15 20:52:58

GP generally useless with backs... however can prescribe good pain relief / anti spasmotics if you get a decent one

WildStallions Mon 02-Nov-15 20:55:02

I too vote for an osteopath. I had quite similar symptoms to you and an osteopath treated it with about 3 or 4 sessions.

BerylStreep Mon 02-Nov-15 20:58:26

I had similar a couple of years ago. It was the facet joints in my thoracic spine. A few sessions with a physio sorted it out.

I would also agree with getting some anti-spasmodics such as diazepam.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: