Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What could be the cause of my lack of appetite?

(9 Posts)
Delanie Sun 01-Nov-15 16:48:18

Hiya, I'm currently experiencing a complete loss of appetite that's been going on for just over a week now.

I quite literally get the feeling of leaving a restraunt stuffed and seeing someone else tuck into their meal! This feeling arises when I haven't eaten anything at all that day and I'm presented with food.

I can't really find much online to help me decide if this is GP worthy or it'll just return on its own.

I have no underlying medical concerns or viruses/infections. I have no significant stress and I'm not feeling depressed or anything like that.

What could be the cause? Could this be a symptom of an illness/disease that'll show its head in the near future with an array of other symptom?

Thank you smile

Delanie Sun 01-Nov-15 16:49:20

I forgot to mention that I'm insanely exhausted and physically/mentally tired.

Jellytot321 Sun 01-Nov-15 19:14:13

Could be anaemia, although that's never made me feel like not eating- quite the opposite! The exhaustion could be down to that though.

I've just read another of your threads (that's now been deleted, didn't get to the end to find out why), but you told posters you'd gone through a really difficult miscarriage? Surely that's a significant stress and could be contributing to how you're feeling...

Clarella Tue 03-Nov-15 17:44:59

I'd speak to gp as it could be something that could be checked through blood tests.

If you've recently had a miscarriage (I'm so sorry for your loss) you could also ask about thyroid. When I'm under I totally lose my appetite. However it could also be many other things including stress etc. definitely chat to your GP thanks

BrendaandEddie Tue 03-Nov-15 17:46:54

depression?

Glandular fever( I had it when i was 37!)

BrendaandEddie Tue 03-Nov-15 18:00:09

oh sorry not depressed.
When i had GF i had it for a long time before i felt rotten. Night sweats but ok in teh day apart from REALLY yellow face and puffy eyes at the end

BrendaandEddie Tue 03-Nov-15 18:01:23

i used to get the postman to assess how much it was going every day.!

bubbakin Wed 04-Nov-15 07:21:10

You don't mention whether you are managing to eat anything? Are you drinking plenty of fluids? If you're not eating then you will feel exhausted assuming you're going about life as normal. I would go to the GP just to put mind at rest & hopefully find out what could be causing it. Hope you get it sorted. X

chelle792 Wed 04-Nov-15 07:33:07

I hope you're ok op. I had a miscarriage in August and even now I feel full most of the time.

I have to force myself to eat two/three meals a day. Apparently your metabolism slows down for about 6 months after miscarriage so maybe your body doesn't need the food.

I'd agree with the tiredness too. I'm left feeling exhausted. My midwife recommended floradix but I haven't got that far yet
flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now