Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone got this crappy virus?

(22 Posts)
SuperGaGa Fri 30-Oct-15 13:59:40

I had a cracking headache last Wednesday then headache again on Thursday. Since then I've felt really tired and all day nausea and no appetite. Not been sick, just feel really washed out and a bit depressed tbh. Anyone else got this vague thing?

Louisa111 Sat 31-Oct-15 07:37:33

Yes me!!! It's awful. Been laid low for about 5 days now . With my daughter she had sickness too but I wasn't. I've never felt so crap and there's no sign of it going yet. It's left me with awful wind/indigestion pains too x

VocationalGoat Sat 31-Oct-15 07:44:22

Oh I was wondering WTF is wrong with me. Cracking headache for days, nausea but sort of a background/white noise type nausea, just feeling rough in a weird, vague sort of way. And sorry...tmi but terrible wind! blushconfused

waitrosefizz Sat 31-Oct-15 07:45:05

We've had it, too!

CatsRule Sat 31-Oct-15 08:40:11

Ds and I have had it, we're not bad now buy both have a persistent cough...it's really annoying!

Genx77 Sat 31-Oct-15 08:49:18

Oh yes, it's been through this house too! It was me last week and DH the week before. Never had a headache like it! It wiped me out for about 10 days, just starting to feel 100% but have developed the cough too catsrule!

CatsRule Sat 31-Oct-15 08:52:36

I've had this cough for about 3 weeks now and I've strained my stomach and chest coughing so much this morning. I've tried all sorts of crap over the counter things but my throat is so tickly. Not sure what to try next!

HalfStar Sat 31-Oct-15 08:58:53

It's going around here, my 3 year old has it. Nasty one. V high temps. Praying the baby escapes it but not hopeful.

HalfStar Sat 31-Oct-15 09:03:39

Dh went to the pharmacy for dd's cough and she gave him a preparation from the local herb health shopconfused It did seem to ease things a little bit, has stuff like licorice syrup etc. Anti-spasmodic.

For tickly cough there is a lemsip syrup thing I found worked a bit when I had the cough.

CatsRule Sat 31-Oct-15 09:43:58

Thanks...anything is worth a try!

When ds had it his temp was very high for about 5 days and the dr told us to give him ibuprofen for the temp and let it run it's course...although se didn't quite put it like that :-)

SuperGaGa Sat 31-Oct-15 12:35:07

Thanks all. I know it's awful bit I feel better knowing I'm not alone. I get really anxious too whenever I'm ill which I think makes me even more tired, nauseous. Argh! DC and DH all seem to have had one off sore throat, sore head and body aches. They all seem ok but I still feel bleuh. Just don't feel with it at all. Like a zombie. Scary.

SuperGaGa Sat 31-Oct-15 13:23:21

Oh and yes to the wind and bloating. And noxious farts. Sorry TMI!

SconeForAStroll Sat 31-Oct-15 15:09:46

catsriule have you been to the doctors? It's just that you sound like me, and I have been diagnosed with Whooping Cough.

The proper "oh Jesus, I can't breathe, I am going to pass out" kind of cough. The kind that has fractured three ribs type of cough.

No real temperature, but feeling like total shit. I am now 8 weeks in. I have had laryngitis for the last month the kids are bored of me not having a voice now.

When it first started I was told it was a virus..

SuperGaGa Sat 31-Oct-15 16:15:25

I don't have a cough though. Or temperature, or aches as such. Just nausea, intermitent stomach cramps, headache and just feel whacked, sleepy and weepy. sad

SuperGaGa Sat 31-Oct-15 16:20:07

My sympathies. I had a bad cough last year and I pulled a muscle in my ribs! Ouch! Hope your coughs clear soon.

CatsRule Sat 31-Oct-15 18:57:00

SconeForAStroll I went to the drs with ds but not me as I know they will just say it's a virus. I have asthma too which doesn't help. I've never had whooping cough so I'm not sure what it's like, my cough is like a smokers wheeze but really tickly and I don't and have never smoked! If it doesn't clear I'll go drag myself to the drs.

Themodernuriahheep Sat 31-Oct-15 19:16:30

I've got the headache, body ache, swollen glands, sore throat chills and sweats. 10 days now. How much longer?

Louisa111 Sat 31-Oct-15 19:33:47

The stomach cramps are awful, it's like trapped wind but very painful. I've never known a bug like it confused

CatsRule Sat 31-Oct-15 19:36:29

That sounds rotten for 10 days! flowers

Doje Sat 31-Oct-15 19:40:35

Eugh, gone through our house too. With a 2 week old baby in the house, and me post c section. Wiped me and DH out completely. Thankfully toddler only got it mildly, and newborn sidestepped it completely!

SuperGaGa Sun 01-Nov-15 11:34:23

Blimey Doje, that sounds awful. flowers

gleegeek Sun 01-Nov-15 12:27:16

Very relieved to hear it's a bug - I've got it too and was beginning to think I was just being a wimp! Started with a night of headache, no sleep/shortness of breath, next day dizzy and full of wind and tummy ache. Temp by the evening, stayed in bed all day feeling sick and sore stomach, raced to the loo a few times. Have hardly eaten for days! Now have achy arms and legs, still feel sick and burping/farting. Boooo not happy sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now