Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Recuring Breast abscess and breastfeeding??

(1 Post)
Lauslaw Thu 29-Oct-15 20:18:40

Hi all, this may be a little unusual and possibly tmi but my doctor is not very helpful and I wondered if anyone has had a similar experience!?
For the last few years I have suffered recuring abscesses in my breast just under/around the nipple, the first (very large and painfull) one was lanced and drained but caused the nipple to withdraw an stay flat to the breast. Following this I have suffered lesser abscesses at intervals of between 6months and a year and I am usually prescribed antibiotics and sent on my way (not totally happily) I am six months pregnant and have now developed yet another abcess (skin peeling off and very red/sore) and yet again! Antibiotics.
My worry is this- will the damage done to ducts and breast tissue possibly prevent me from breastfeeding or expressing?? Any one have any thoughts or experiences to share?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now