Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Painful boil on bum

(11 Posts)
Nevergoingtolearn Tue 27-Oct-15 15:07:59

Ok, it's not on my bum it's on my thigh but it really hurts when I sit down, I thought it was just a spot but now it's huge and red, I can feel a large lump under the skin so I thcould know its a boil? It there anything I can put on it to either draw out whatever's in there or to make it vanish. It's not very atractive sad

jeee Tue 27-Oct-15 15:14:48

Klaxon and photo - them's the rules.

Nevergoingtolearn Tue 27-Oct-15 15:46:45

You really want to see a photo? It's not that ugly, I think the bests to come, I will apply heat and hope the puss rises grin

Nevergoingtolearn Tue 27-Oct-15 15:55:12

The boil/spot, please excuse the stretch marks and flab.

PotteringAlong Tue 27-Oct-15 15:59:43

The hottest bath you can bare and Magnesium sulphate!

starfishmummy Tue 27-Oct-15 16:00:51

Pulls up chair.....

RoganJosh Tue 27-Oct-15 16:02:06

There's a hint of a head there I think.

Nevergoingtolearn Tue 27-Oct-15 16:32:18

There is a hint of a head, I have had it for 4 or 5 days so it must be getting close to bursting grin, I will have a hot bath later and use a warm compress for a bit.

Aquamarine70 Wed 28-Oct-15 09:39:30

You can buy magnesium sulphate paste OTC which will bring it to s head.

Vix270781 Wed 28-Oct-15 12:47:34

I had one of these not long ago, almost same place and holy moly they are painful!! My doc (I went about something else but whilst I was there....) said it was an hair follicle that had got infected with it being in the area it is and pressure being put on it all day (I have a desk job so am on my backside a lot of the day). Remedies: yes hot bath with Dettol or Savlon and Fucidin cream. And repeat. And repeat. Until you have relief! I am a poker and prodder so helped it on it's way but made sure to bath in antiseptic afterwards.

LuluJakey1 Wed 28-Oct-15 19:24:59

Magnesium sulphate paste after hot bath.

Fetch the popcorn Ginger (Quote and context anyone?)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now