Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Breast cysts

(7 Posts)
snarferson Sun 25-Oct-15 19:54:25

Hi all. I found lumps in my boobs a few months ago and was refered to the breast clinic. They scanned me and said they were harness breast cysts which they don't do anything about.

The thing is they are quite painful as they are right at the bottom of my boobs and become compressed when I wear a bra. It's ok when I am braless but I'm a D cup so doing that often isn't really an option blush

Anyway..The were quite insistent that they won't do anything as there is no need so if I go back the gp and tell them about the pain does anyone know if they will change their mind? I don't want to go the gp if they are just going to say no so just wondered if anyone had any experience of a similar situation?

Thanks.

amarmai Tue 27-Oct-15 01:25:14

guessing your bra cups are wired? Sports bras are way more comfy.

LavenderRain Tue 27-Oct-15 17:07:57

Hi OP
I've had/got numerous breast lumps (fibroadaenomas)
I had the first 2 removed, one from each boob, then the rest have just been left. The Dr said its pointless to keep removing them as they just keep on coming and I would be forever under the knife!
Some of mine are painful, I find a soft front fastening bra better when the pain is worse,

snarferson Tue 27-Oct-15 22:05:32

Thanks both. I do now wear a sports bra. Looks like they are here to stay then lavender. I'm 29 so if they will just keep coming back I would also be under the knife forever.

LavenderRain Wed 28-Oct-15 06:54:06

I had the first 2 out in my 20'a. I'm now almost 50 & they keep on coming! Make sure you get each new one checked tho. Last time I had an ultrasound they found numerous lumps I didn't know I had.

OllyBJolly Wed 28-Oct-15 07:01:44

I had fibroadaenomas - first diagnosed at 30 but seemed to settle by 40. Sometimes very painful, other times not too bad. I found really restrictive bras like wonder bras worked for me when it was very painful (no feminist cred!)

ItIsHowItIsx Thu 29-Oct-15 09:44:43

I'm like lavenderrain and have loads of lumps. First one came at 16. I've had (I think) 10 taken out - when/if they get too big and painful I get them taken out. I had them at the bottom like you snaferson where they press between the bra and ribs. They were constantly painful. I had to stop doing sport. If I were you I would go back to the breastclinic and insist that they are really painful and you want them take out. I've had 3 taken out under local anaesthetic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now