Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

what the hell is this lump? help!

(13 Posts)
Tanfastic Sun 25-Oct-15 17:17:47

I've just come off my period (not sure if it's related) but today I was feeling a bit irritated down below but it felt like it was near my wee hole (you know the kind of feeling when you have used strong soap that irritates your bits?).

Anyway I've been to the loo and had a feel and there is a swollen lump where my wee hole is and I can actually see the hole. I've been and had a look and its huge, looks like my wee hole (urethra) is swollen and actually falling out of my vagina. I've never seen anything like this before. Like a huge lump. What the hell could it be? shockconfused

CMOTDibbler Sun 25-Oct-15 17:23:49

Sounds like a bartholins cyst. Sometimes they burst by themselves, sometimes it needs antibiotics.

Tanfastic Sun 25-Oct-15 17:26:05

Could it be cystitis? The irritation kind of feels like that but when I feel the lump it goes up inside my vagina but feels like it's the urethra if that makes sense. Oh FFs confusedangry

3littlefrogs Sun 25-Oct-15 17:27:07

A bartholin's cyst isn't located near your urethra.
It sounds like a urethral caruncle (if it really is protruding from your urethra)
You need to get a doctor to look at it.

Tanfastic Sun 25-Oct-15 17:35:32

Oh fuck me, I don't like the sound of that. I'm surprised I've not noticed it before.

Tanfastic Sun 25-Oct-15 19:43:05

Do you think the walk in centre could assist? I can't get to gp this week as its half term and it would mean my 7 year old coming with me. I could go to gp led walk in centre though which is open until 8pm when dh gets home.

3littlefrogs Sun 25-Oct-15 19:44:49

What about a sexual health clinic?

ReggaeShark Sun 25-Oct-15 19:46:35

Yes, go to the walk in centre.

Tanfastic Sun 25-Oct-15 20:14:42

Sexual health clinic?

Tanfastic Sun 25-Oct-15 20:16:39

Do sexual health clinics deal with gynaecological problems? It definitely isn't a Sti. Been married for nine years, never had a Sti, don't suspect dh of cheating.

3littlefrogs Sun 25-Oct-15 20:20:24

Try the walk in if that is easier.

Tanfastic Sun 25-Oct-15 20:22:42

Ok will go tomorrow when dh gets home from work. I'm actually wondering now if it's some kind of prolapse. I've had shall we say leakage in that area for a few years now. I've never don anything about it as its not been a major problem (always something else to worry about) but I wonder if it's connected.

Tanfastic Mon 26-Oct-15 19:57:40

Just thought I'd update in case it helps anyone in the future. Been to the walk in centre and saw a lovely nurse (and student) who gave me a thorough examination and tested my urine and I have a case of cystitis.

She had a look at my lady bits and said it all looked perfectly normal blush. So I think it's probably a case of I don't make a habit of looking to see what's going on down there and was alarmed at seeing something that is in fact a normal wee hole grin.

Feel a bit silly but there we go,, at least I know now.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: