Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Can't believe how expensive SAD lights are!

(4 Posts)
bzz7 Sat 24-Oct-15 08:08:34

I recently figured out why I turned into an overweight couch potato on moving to Europe. It wasn't a good idea to continue my usual habit of wearing factor 50 sunscreen even on cloudy days in winter, because I developed a major vitamin D deficiency.

Where I live, it has been drizzling and overcast for the past ~eight weeks and I can feel my energy levels diving. I want to try an SAD lamp (light therapy).

There are so many quack products out there, but there's a list of recommended manufacturers from the SAD people here:
www.sad.org.uk/recommended-manufacturers/

I've spent hours searching for them at Amazon, but they're all very expensive. Maybe someone out there knows of an electronics seller where it's possible to get them cheaper?

BankWadger Sat 24-Oct-15 08:17:20

I have light box from Maplin. It made a massive difference last Winter. I see it's also discounted at the moment

BankWadger Sat 24-Oct-15 08:17:56

*this

bzz7 Sat 24-Oct-15 10:08:11

Thank you very much, BankWadger!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now