Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Temperature - worth seeing a doctor?

(9 Posts)
JustAnotherYellowBelly Thu 22-Oct-15 19:35:59

Projectile vomited Tuesday, really dodgy tummy since then, migraine on and off and now I have a temperature of 38.1C (in ear thermometer).
Doctors don't want anyone in the surgery with D&V, fair enough.
I don't know if this is part of the cold I had a few weeks ago but I'm guessing not?
Hoping to go back to work tomorrow even though I feel rotten but I can't really afford any more time off.

Just wondering what the wise MNers would do? Is it worth just plodding along or do I really need to see a doctor (not really a doctor person except necessary things...)?
Thanks in advance!

ragged Thu 22-Oct-15 19:51:59

I had a temp of 40.9 when they admitted me to hospital & gave me several days of IV antibiotics + suppositories to get my temp down (I couldn't keep any fluids down much less the pill). I had rigours a few nights before I went in & vomitted all over the bed. They nearly sent me home instead of admitting me for 5 days, too.

I know you feel rubbish, but what happens when you take paracetomol? Can you keep it down & can you keep fluids down ok?

JustAnotherYellowBelly Thu 22-Oct-15 19:54:35

I can now keep fluids down (and up, as the case may be) and have taken a paracetamol which, touching wood, is staying down.
So it's a case of riding it out?

WorldsBiggestGrotbag Thu 22-Oct-15 19:57:44

I probably wouldn't, it sounds like a virus.
Like ragged, I have been admitted to hospital with a high temp. It was 41.9 and it turned out I had sepsis. Spent 4 days in intensive care.
Hope you feel better soon.

JustAnotherYellowBelly Thu 22-Oct-15 19:59:44

Thank you for your reply smile
DP is getting his knickers in a twist about me being poorly and insists I need to see a doctor... I don't think I do.
Thank you smile

ragged Thu 22-Oct-15 20:13:16

Ooh, Worlds, did you get rigours too? Aren't they a ball of laughs?

Hope you feel better soon, JustAnother.

JustAnotherYellowBelly Thu 22-Oct-15 20:50:38

Thank you smile

DP has just declared he "isn't feeling great"... Oh goodness...

WorldsBiggestGrotbag Thu 22-Oct-15 21:09:58

Yes to the rigours. I have never felt so ill in my entire life. Hell.

I don't think there would be anything they could do at the Dr's OP. Ride it out, and if no improvement in a few days then maybe try and get a telephone consultation.

xxtracy09xx Mon 26-Oct-15 15:42:37

last time I went viral infection and fobbed me off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now