Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Repeat blood test results-should I be worried

(6 Posts)
Tornfacedcunt Wed 21-Oct-15 11:56:33

I have IBS and query gallbladder issues, been seeing the gp regularly for over 3years with upper right abdominal pain and IBS symptoms. I've have numerous tests carried out but the latest bloods have had to be repeated due to slightly higher than normal potassium levels, mine came back at 5.3 normal range is 3.5-5.0. It also showed my blood count to be 0.2 under the usual number.
I had the repeated bloods taken this morning but I'd just finished a nightshift and I didn't ask if I should be concerned about these results and my symptoms and now I'm starting to worry (as pain is particularly bad today)

Tornfacedcunt Wed 21-Oct-15 18:32:35

Anyone?

FuckThisForFun Thu 22-Oct-15 14:15:00

Last hopeful bump. Dr Google is not a good route to take!

Simplemind Thu 22-Oct-15 19:36:35

Hi from what I have read it very common to get a false high reading so they often do another one. Something to do with the way the blood is taken. Try not to worry too much at the moment.

cedricsneer Mon 26-Oct-15 09:49:01

My dh is having a repeat blood test today for the same thing. Have you had a repeat one yet?

cedricsneer Mon 26-Oct-15 09:49:38

Sorry, I see you have. What were the results?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now