Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

4 Coldsore in one day :-(

(10 Posts)
KeepPloddingOn Tue 20-Oct-15 22:06:35

I've had a Coldsore a couple of days. It's at the crusty stage.

This morning I woke up with 3 more. Big ones.

Now I have another one under the surface.

DP lives away and is home for the week too sad

I'm zoviracing like mad

redannie118 Wed 21-Oct-15 09:17:34

Where was the original and where are the new ones ?

KeepPloddingOn Wed 21-Oct-15 09:22:58

The original one started from a cracking on the right corner.

The new ones that popped up yesterday morning were on the body of my right lip top and bottom but separate from old one. And corner of left side.

The new one that popped up last night was on the bottom left

After posting I also got the 'tingle' top left but that didn't blister after zoviraxing my whole lip now...

redannie118 Wed 21-Oct-15 11:01:17

That sounds nasty saddo you normally get more than one?I would think a visit to gp may be in order

fuzzywuzzy Wed 21-Oct-15 11:04:05

take lemon balm, works really well.

keep lips well moisturised.

Hope you feel better soon, my youngest gets them its horrendous.

roundandroundthehouses Wed 21-Oct-15 11:08:46

Came on to offer sympathy and suggest GP as well. Cold sores are horrendous sad. Fuzzy, how would you take the lemon balm? As a tea, chewing the leaves or how? I'd happily Sellotape them to my face and walk around like that if it helped

fuzzywuzzy Wed 21-Oct-15 11:13:15

take it in capsule form, if you find it in a lip balm buy it and use it. It really works. If you take it at the first tingle it stops the cold sore from happening all together.

I give it to my DD as she gets really horrendous cold sores and they spread all over her face poor baby if we're not careful.
Also have to keep reminding her not to touch them or kiss everyone and constantly wash her hands. It is so awful seeing her suffering from them.

roundandroundthehouses Wed 21-Oct-15 11:23:03

Thanks, fuzzy smile

fuzzywuzzy Wed 21-Oct-15 11:25:51

Also take it in the evening it can have a mildly sleepy effect if your taking it in capsule or tincture form. Never has on dd but it can.

Whoknewitcouldbeso Wed 21-Oct-15 11:28:33

I've had a mouth full before and it's horrendous. You have to be so so careful not to cause more cold sores from cross contamination from the original cold sore. It does sound like you've spread them around unfortunately.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now