Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

wwyd - bleeding after sex

(5 Posts)
Hadagutsful Sun 18-Oct-15 10:04:45

Sorry. Had some bleeding after sex this morning. More than I can call spotting but it stopped pretty quickly. I'm on day 14 of my cycle. Categorically not ttc, not on oral contraceptives as DH has had a vasectomy. I had a routine smear a few months ago, all clear. I'm suspecting a cervical polyp? It's only happened once. Would you see gp, or do watchful waiting? I'm erring towards the latter...

Thymeout Sun 18-Oct-15 11:44:52

See your GP. Let them decide re watchful waiting. It's probably nothing serious, but not to be ignored.

Minime85 Sun 18-Oct-15 16:07:29

Could be linked to ovulation. But worth mentioning I think to gp

Bored12345 Sun 18-Oct-15 16:19:08

I had this many years ago. Went to go. They took v seriously - scans etc, as can be sign of cervical cancer. It wasn't in my case and they are also clear you shouldn't panic as can also be many other reasons. Turns out I am just a bleedy kind of person - will bleed post smear test for example.

Hadagutsful Sun 18-Oct-15 16:46:58

Thanks, have decided to get checked out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now