Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What is this on my boob?

(16 Posts)
Boobproblem Sat 17-Oct-15 12:57:43

Just showering and noticed some skin sort of peeling off my skin - a bit like it does after a blister fades away? Now I'm dry it's red and raw. I slept in my bra by accident the other day and wonder if the wires dug in and caused something I just didn't notice? I have massive boobs and its on the underside inside of it. A bit worried...

Hamsolo Sat 17-Oct-15 13:01:21

Most likely as you say, irritation caused by rubbing, but I think you need to get it quickly checked out by a GP just in case it's something more serious. It looks sore. Hope you're not too uncomfortable.

ChinaSorrows Sat 17-Oct-15 13:16:21

Owch! That looks sore OP.

I'd recommend getting that checked out by your doctor. Your bra really shouldn't rub the "fleshy" part of your breast at all
(if I ever get bra rub it's in my armpit, not in my breast tissue)

It's probably nothing but it doesn't look "right" so I'd get it checked out.

Boobproblem Sat 17-Oct-15 14:10:14

Thanks both
It only rubbed because I fell asleep in it and the wires rode up and stuff
smile

Boobproblem Thu 05-Nov-15 17:15:05

so my boob got worse after this and I've since been to the doctors three times. It now looks gross! First time I was given an anti biotic cream and it just got worse. Then penicillin. My doctor thinks it's an ulcer and has referred me to the breast clinic, also because the boob felt a bit lumpy.

Has anyone had an ulcer on their boob before? I'm waiting to see what the clinic day of course but an ulcerating tumour is of course a possibility and a scary one at that...

Screaminlikeabanshee Thu 05-Nov-15 17:17:47

Haven't had this before but it sounds really painful. Wish you luck OP with treatment.

dingit Thu 05-Nov-15 17:26:28

I had something like that and it was Bowens disease. It's a very low grade skin cancer. I got accused of over exposure to sun, but trust me, my boobs are never bare. I had to put chemotherapy cream on for six weeks, which was quite sore, but it got rid of it.

Boobproblem Thu 05-Nov-15 17:33:34

Thanks both. I will google Bowens.

It's not sore at all really.

Was yours sore bingit?

I won't post a photo of my boob as it is now but it looks like what you get when you google skin ulcer. Red round the outside and white in the middle.

dingit Thu 05-Nov-15 17:42:06

No it's wasn't sore until I started the chemo cream!

boobproblem Wed 16-Dec-15 21:59:14

Hello all. Thought I'd pop back and update.

Since updating I had my appointment at the breast clinic. The doctor thought it was just an ulcer/sore. I kept it covered for a couple more weeks and then it started to heal. The puss left and the skin heeled. Now it's just red and you can sort of feel the scar tissue.

Went back to see the consultant today. Was very much expecting him to say 'Yep that looks like it's healing fine, off you go.'

He checked me over and is fairly confident the 'sore' is within the skin not breast tissue. Nevertheless he's sending me for an ultrasound and will do a biopsy, to check for skin cancer.

I don't know why but I just wasn't expecting that (even following the posts above). I burst into tears. I'd gone on my own today as I just thought it was a formality to tick a box to discharge me.

My friends very young sister just got diagnosed with cancer this week and a very young colleague died of it a couple of weeks ago

I'm rambling. Just really hope it isn't cancer but I am worried the consultant says it's unusual

He also suggested I consider a breast reduction. (I'm a J cup - might have said up thread)

All in all with work being awful this morning it wasn't a great day

Am hoping I get the appointments soon but not while I'm on my previous week away in January

Thanks for listening!

boobproblem Wed 16-Dec-15 22:02:23

Don't know it it's relevant but while it looks pink/red most of the time, after I shower the sore is a very dark black purple. It's weird

LunaLodbrok Wed 16-Dec-15 22:04:57

I hope you get your appointment soon. Sending a hug and a hand hold. Try not to think of worst case scenarios too much. There may be other things it could be which may be why he is checking.

horseygeorgie Wed 16-Dec-15 22:05:17

Hiya OP, didn't want to read and run. I'm sure it'll be fine, if he was really worried it would be rushed through. Still a shock if you aren't expecting it I should think.
J cup does sound heavy! But obviously it is your decision and if you don't want one then don't have one.
Chin up OP, I'm sure he is just ticking boxes and making sure nothing is missed.

boobproblem Wed 16-Dec-15 22:49:25

Thank you both

Having a bit of a crap time all round at the moment and it just feels like something else to stress me out

horseygeorgie Thu 17-Dec-15 00:49:15

It all seems to come at once doesn't it! My motto is 'Don't worry until there is actually something to worry about!' Seems to work.

torthecatlady Thu 17-Dec-15 01:23:05

This may be unrelated. I have "lumpy" boobs and they itch a lot. I get a lot of eczema. When I scratch them (ladylike I know!) they get raw like this. Hope everything goes ok for you smile x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now