Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Mole on sole of foot

(15 Posts)
Allhalloween Tue 13-Oct-15 22:10:26

I have a mole on the sole of my foot went to gp expecting them to to say it's fine and that would be that but she said because of where it is she will refer me to the dermatologist, I am now so worried I suffer from anxiety and now I have to wait weeks to find out if it's ok, it's maybe the size of a pencil rubber but not round more oval, really all the one colour no darker specs,maybe a bit faded at one side hard to get a good look at it because of the natural lines on my foot, it is also completely flat, the gp said if it was anywhere else she wouldn't have referred me but because it's on the sole she has. Please someone reassure me I'm worried because I don't know how long it's been there!!

Allhalloween Wed 14-Oct-15 08:45:21

Anyone? Please xx

DamnCommandments Wed 14-Oct-15 08:49:50

DD has a mole on the sole of her foot. She's 6 and it's been there for as along as she's been walking, I'm sure. I've never seen one before (not much time to examine the soles of other people's feet!) but it's never been a worry. Your post reminds me to tell her that it's always been there - I bet the doc only referred because you can't remember it appearing. As you say, they're hard to see, so it's probably been there for ages and ages and is nothing to worry about.

Allhalloween Wed 14-Oct-15 09:46:42

Thank you xx

RoobyTuesday Wed 14-Oct-15 14:58:40

Try not to worry. Like PP says it's probably because it's a place where you don't look very often so haven't been able to observe it to see if it's grown suddenly.
I find GP's are (fortunately ) very cautious when it comes to moles and would rather refer someone for a quick check than take any kind of gamble. I had a mole removed this summer and the melanoma clinic I went to was absolutely packed! The consultant said it was that busy every week but only a tiny percentage of those attending actually had anything serious. Mine turned out to be a mole which had started to behave abnormally, in other words if it was just left it 'might' turn nasty but no one could say for sure so they removed it. Your GP is just being sensible and not taking any chances.

Allhalloween Wed 14-Oct-15 19:57:10

Thank you its so hard not to think the txt worst isn't it and I know people get moles removed all the time, I find it hard to think positive and struggle with health anxiety xx

MerdeAlor Wed 14-Oct-15 20:08:00

No need to worry. Moles are routinely removed from the soles of the feet for the reasons given above.

LuluJakey1 Wed 14-Oct-15 21:22:27

Referrals are usually quick. I was referred to melanoma clinic and seen within a week. Told there and then it was nothing.

How long have you had it? Has it changed at all?

Allhalloween Wed 14-Oct-15 22:06:28

I'm not sure how long I've had it that's what's worrying, but I know it's not appeared over night! I can't stop looking at Google I know I need to stop, I'll attach a pic thank you all for taking the time to comment xx

LuluJakey1 Wed 14-Oct-15 22:55:18

The clinic is packed as someone sad above - be ause referrals are made quickly and dealt with quickly. Vast majority are nothing to worry about and they just remove them.

Try not to worry. I did and it was for nothing.

Allhalloween Wed 14-Oct-15 22:56:06

Thank you xx

MerdeAlor Thu 15-Oct-15 11:44:51

The GP referred you to appease your worries, not because they were concerned. Moles on the plantar (sole) of the foot are routinely removed.

Your health anxiety sounds exhausting and hard to live with flowers.
Would you consider having some CBT for your health anxiety? It might be helpful.

Allhalloween Thu 15-Oct-15 12:22:42

Thank you merdeAlor it is, I have looked in to Cbt but the waiting list is several months long xx

MerdeAlor Thu 15-Oct-15 14:31:33

Worth getting yourself on the waiting list ASAP then? You shouldn't have to live with so much anxiety.

Allhalloween Thu 15-Oct-15 14:38:52

I know I really need to do it confused thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now