Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Any medics in da house? Fecking BACTERIAL VAGINOSIS!!!

(4 Posts)
LeftMyRidingCropInTheMortuary Fri 09-Oct-15 15:49:52

Hello,

I've had this on and off for about 18months (see previous thread) but now I'm sick of it! 2 rounds of metronizale haven't worked. The Balance Activ pessaries work but then it comes back.

I did a douche last night of hydrogen peroxide and then inserted the following tablets: folic acid, vitamin c and acidophilus. I am also taking these orally.
My main question is whether it is right to try to kill the bad bacteria (with the hydrogen perioxide & acid) at the same time as trying to replenish the good (with acidophilus) or should I do acid for a week THEN acidophilus?

I am drinking apple cider vinegar and have cleaned my diet right up.

Any advice would be really appreciated.
Thanks in advance

FYI: I have been tested for STIs & thrush and am clear.

Dobeedo Fri 09-Oct-15 22:47:32

Not a medic but posting to bump and offer support. I've had it at least twice close together after taking metranidazole. I thought I had it recently but it turned out to be thrush instead after taking a swab test.

Prior to that, I did most of the things that you were doing but I couldn't tell whether it was making it better or worse. Sorry not to be of much help, I hope that someone with more knowledge comes along soon.

LeftMyRidingCropInTheMortuary Fri 09-Oct-15 23:10:37

Thank you! I wish I cld just amputate my fanjo as it's of no use to me anymore anyway!

FannyFanakapan Fri 09-Oct-15 23:35:16

I had it 3x in 9 months while on Mirena coil. never had it before or since (4 years now).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now