Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

TMI tampon question??

(7 Posts)
ToBedToBed Thu 08-Oct-15 21:12:28

Wasn't sure where to post this so apologies if I'm on the wrong forum.
Basically I have avoided tampons for the last 20 years because I've had an irrational fear of them getting stuck etc..
I pulled myself together and used one for the 1st time as needed to take my baby swimming. Went in fine, felt a bit low but I guess they take a bit of practice. Was using an applicator one. When I went to take it out after swimming it had split open. I'm pretty confident nothing had come off but is that normal. I thought they just swelled up. It freaked me out cos it looked like the string was coming off. Normal??

ginmakesitallok Thu 08-Oct-15 21:13:48

Normal

GoggiGiYah Thu 08-Oct-15 21:21:30

Yeah sounds normal, it will just be the folds that have opened out to fit to your body. The string is sewn all the way through the middle so don't panic hun, everything sounds find smile

MrsBungle Thu 08-Oct-15 21:30:26

Normal! It kind of swells and splits in half - the tampax ones anyway. smile

ToBedToBed Thu 08-Oct-15 21:31:49

Thank you! ??

BlueCowWonders Thu 08-Oct-15 21:32:48

To reassure yourself, why don't you put one in a glass of water and watch it unfurl (like in the old adverts!)

ToBedToBed Thu 08-Oct-15 22:26:16

Good idea!! Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now